Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Have a question? We have an answer!
UNLOCKING YOUR DEVICE
Your mobile phone, USB modem or mobile broadband device must be network unlocked to use the USA SIM Card. All iPads and tablets are already network unlocked.
"Network unlocked" means your mobile phone, USB modem or mobile broadband device can use a different SIM Card to the one you normally use. An easy way to check if your phone, USB modem or mobile broadband device is network unlocked is to insert into a different network SIM Card and confirm it connects to the different network.
Contact your network carrier to request your phone, USB modem or mobile broadband device be unlocked. If you have an iPhone then consult the official Apple instructions on how to unlock your iPhone.
Your mobile phone, tablet, USB modem or mobile broadband device must be technically compatible to use the USA SIM Card.
All iPhones (including iPhone X) and all iPads are technically compatible, and most other recent model Smartphones are also technically compatible.
"Technically compatible" means your mobile phone, tablet, USB modem or mobile broadband device must operate on 3G 850MHz or 1900MHz, or 4G 700MHz. All iPhones (including iPhone X) and all iPads are technically compatible, as are most other recent model Smartphones - consult your device manual/specifications if unsure or go to Will My Phone Work and choose your Brand, Model, Sub-Model, and then choose "United States" from the country list, then choose "AT&T" then click Search.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We use the AT&T mobile network, which offers the best coverage and compatibility for Australian mobile phones.
- We use the AT&T mobile network. Just like any mobile network, there is never going to be 100% blanket mobile coverage across every square inch of the country, but the AT&T network is by far the best network for coverage outside of major city and metropolitan areas. You can check out the AT&T coverage maps and enter an address or location to check if there’s coverage where you’ll be going.
- Yes – Hawaii and Alaska are part of the USA, so the USA SIM Card will work in Hawaii and Alaska.
- Your USA SIM Card comes with a local USA mobile number. You’ll know the number when you receive the SIM Card. You can update your travel details with the number, give it to hotels and tour operators, family and friends etc.
- If someone in Australia needs to call or text you, they’ll be calling or text a USA number, so it will cost them whatever their phone plan charges to call or text a USA number (some phone plans included unlimited free calls and texts to USA numbers).
- Your USA SIM Card comes pre-activated and ready for immediate use from the date you specify in your order. No further activation steps are required once you land in the USA. The SIM Card will start working immediately upon landing in the USA.
- Your USA SIM Card lasts for 30 days, starting on the date you specify in your order. If you’re staying longer than 30 days just recharge on our website and get another 30 days. All plans last 30 days and so it’s only possible to recharge for a full further 30 days – you can’t recharge just for a few extra days. You can change plans though if you want.
- Yes we offer two plans that work in Canada and Mexico, as well as the USA. You can choose the MAX Plan or the EXTREME Plan. You’ll get data, as well as unlimited calling to USA, Canada and Mexico numbers and unlimited texting to USA, Canada and Mexico numbers. You also get unlimited calling to anyone else using our USA SIM Card and unlimited texting to anyone else using our USA SIM Card.
- The most popular plan for a Smartphone is the USA Canada and Mexico Max Plan. You get data, calls and texts. If you run low on data you can add more. You can hotspot your phone. You can also use your phone in Canada and Mexico.
- You can order your USA SIM Card as far in advance as you want, but we don’t send it until three weeks prior to your departure date, due to local telecommunication restictions on how far in advance the SIM Card can be activated before first use.
- We ship from our warehouse in Sydney Australia. You can choose Registered Post for $5 which takes a full 5-10 business days. Or if you urgently need a SIM Card you can choose Express Post – we’ll post it on the next business day and you should expect to receive it the day after that, if you’re in an Australia Post Express Post Code.
- To find out if you're in the Express Post network, click here, and check if your post code is in the "Express Post delivery postcodes" list.
- There are no pick up options, we don't have a shop or office and you can't buy our SIM Cards in any store.
- Yes you’ll need to have an unlocked phone to use the USA SIM Card. Please contact your network provider to request that your phone be unlocked. And you can read more about how to unlock your phone and/or check if it’s unlocked.
- You’ll need to add an optional International Calling Pack if you want to call Australian numbers. You can read more about them on the order page. Importantly, please note that you won’t be able to call Australian numbers when you’re in Canada or Mexico, even if you purchased an optional International Calling Pack. When you’re in Canada or Mexico, the only way to call Australian number is by using apps like Whatsapp or Viber.
- If you’re staying longer than 30 days just recharge on our website and get another 30 days. All plans last 30 days and so it’s only possible to recharge for a full further 30 days – you can’t recharge just for a few extra days. You can change plans though if you want.
- If you want to order two or more SIM Cards, just add one to your shopping cart, then continue shopping and add the second etc SIM Card to your cart. Then checkout. You’ll only be charged one shipping cost.